Autism Recipe Ideas for Picky Eaters
need my nuggets!
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup GF bread crumbs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp pepper
- Pinch of chili
- ½ cup melted ghee or coconut oi
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch sized pieces. In a medium bowl, mix together the GF bread crumbs, salt, and spices. Mix well. Put melted ghee/coconut oil in a bowl or dish for dipping.
Dip chicken pieces into the melted ghee first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 eggs or 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax plus 4 tbsp water)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 cups distilled water
- In a bowl, mix or sift together the rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Stir in eggs, water, and oil until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large, well-oiled skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto skillet and cook until bubbles begin to form. Flip, and continue cooking until golden brown on bottom. Serve with fresh fruit or cinnamon.
gotta have ketchup mom!
- 1 (6-ounce) can or jar organic tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mild molasses, (honey is optional), more or less to taste
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
1. In a medium bowl, add all ingredients, and stir until combined; refrigerate in a glass jar with lid. Ketchup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.